Tuesday night crew:
Megan (formerly known as Panties): as previously stated, she's the one who got me to start my blog (what an awesome decision), and you have probably noticed by now that she is my best friend, since we write about each other all the time. We met through Hokie (see below) and randomly became best friends our senior year of high school. Like, sat next to each other in class and then were close friends a month later, even doing a senior ad together ("Bible Verse!" I'm glad we are still friends so it's slightly less weird!). In many ways we are the same person. We are both freaked out that her dad might think the two of us are dating. (Clarification: we are not, and never will be, dating each other.) Megan holds get-togethers every Tuesday night, during which we watch shows or movies, and through which I am stealing some of her friends. Oh- I forgot- Megan has exquisite taste in undergarments, partially thanks to my gift of a lingerie handbook which she has apparently memorized.
Lindsey: One of Megan's friends I now hang out with. She's really into music, movies and Broadway musicals- in short, she possesses all the cultural knowledge I am lacking. Into Batman. Has a secret yet boring job, and shares my dilemma of having a pointless and fake work crush.
Jeff: Another one of Megan's friends. He is incredibly tall, and has also assumed the role of drink-mixer on Tuesday nights if we drink. Jeff has a good job because he had a useful major- ugh.
Meredith: Jeff's girlfriend, still enjoying the idyllic life of a student before being thrust into the real world like the rest of us. Has a cute apartment which she shares with a roomie and 2 kitties.
Anna: Awesome friend of Megan's who is currently back at school obtaining her master's in education because she has a clear goal in life! Smiles a lot, is one of the friendliest people I know, and is going to change the world for the better. We miss having her here for Tuesday nights!
The Hooligans:
Hokie: One of my dear friends I've actually continued to keep in touch with regularly since high school. We fell in love on a robotics trip and dated for about a year until I dumped him and dated his friend Trigger Happy; miraculously, we're still close. He's an outspoken libertarian and enthusiastic Virginia Tech fan. Also, he backpacked across Europe alone, which makes him pretty cool. Engaged to PJ (see below); is also my new roomie. Hokie occasionally reads my blog, so hi Hokie! :)
Princess J (PJ): Hokie's fiancee, who has become one of my good friends. PJ and Hokie recently bought a house, which has become the hangout center for all of our friends (also my new digs!). She is excited to have me as a housemate so we can counter all the crazy hooligan boys she has to see every day who have stolen the garage and backyard for their numerous projects. PJ is so nicknamed because she likes princess stuff and, just like a comfy pair of pajamas, is quite cuddly. She likes me even though I once dated Hokie, and even asked me to be one of her bridesmaids, which I am really excited about! She just started a blog, and her frequent posts are an inspiration to all. She is about to start a cool new (full-time) job and is also a full-time student, so props to her for simultaneously being a working woman, student, and wedding planner!
Beer: PJ and Hokie's adorable puppy (also a nickname- they have better naming talent than that- no offense to anyone whose pet is actually named Beer).
Justin (formerly known as Tigger): my current boyfriend (!!!) to whom I just dedicated a post. He is cute, really, you just have to hang out with him in a small group! Very cuddly also.
Trigger Happy (TH): my ex, already described in a previous post. Currently angry at me for dating his friend and ignores me most of the time.
Rambley-Dave (RD): Yes, I'm too lazy to come up with my own name for you, because I like RD just fine. RD has been TH's best friend for years, and we have an awkward habit of flirting, which makes TH angry and RD uncomfortable. Wow, do I have people skills! RD has a major possibly even more useless sounding than mine (English with a concentration in Folklore & Mythology- though I have been informed it has changed slightly and I'm sure he will correct me), which makes him smart in an esoteric kind of way. He's also into kendo, D&D, and chivalry (I am not making that last one up- taken right from his facebook page). He has recently decided to embrace his receding hairline with a new impressively self-inflicted haircut, for which I'd like to take the time to congratulate him.
DM: Yes, this is indeed short for Dungeon Master. You can now guess what DM does on Friday nights and why he is single. However, he refuses to go speed dating with me, so that is his own fault! Fun fact: his living room table is made of enormous Legos.
Shaggy: I remember not liking him in high school (sorry Shaggy!) but for the life of me can't remember the reason, so I assume it was stupid. He's a gamer AND can actually carry on a conversation with me, a non-gamer. He is a pretty cool dude. (The nickname is based on his awesome hair, not his intelligence level or use of illegal drugs.)
Giggles: Senior engineering major at GMU who giggles incessantly when intoxicated. Penchant for whiskey on the rocks, or just swigged straight from a handle of Jack. Amazing ability to get into a hammock when hammered. (Not an alcoholic as my description may make him out to be.) Oh, he also likes cigars and pipes (as do Hokie and TH) and country music (yay!).
Stay tuned for descriptions of more coworkers as well as my lovely college friends! I do love and miss them dearly though I haven't written about them yet!
P.S. Props to anyone who recognized the title's reference to a country song with possible offensive tendencies.
*
Okay, you do realize "Tallie" nickname is also the actual name of one of my friends from school we stalk, right?
ReplyDeleteOkay, I love my nickname! I know that Megan used it but you explained it so I did not have to feel stupid asking!! yay! and after your description of LOML or Hokie as you called him I feel that we could turn our daily lives in to a amazing soap opera.... although we might need more evil twins!
ReplyDeleteYes, but it's pronounced differently! (Feel free to suggest another)
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you like it! Haha, we should get some twins and borrow Megan's new videocamera and film a soap, it would be awesome
Hahaha, yeah, now my concentration is in Medieval and Renaissance Literature, and my minor is Folklore and Mythology... I still argue that it's not quite as useless as yours, such that if I randomly find myself hurled backward in time I just might be able to survive... Good post though, I'll have to tell Giggles about his new nickname.
ReplyDelete