So. It's been a while, and by that I mean an amazing long weekend.
Let's see.
Thanksgiving was good and I will probably write more later because I am jealous of Megan's post and want to do my own, complete with pictures.
Black Friday was awesome and, again, might need to put up some pictures, though I only took three the whole day. Here's how the day went:
4:30 am: Megan and I (I slept over at her house) realize we have overslept and rush to get out of the house, with her mom driving, thank goodness (I was still half asleep).
4:55 am: Arrive at Wal-Mart. Notice news cameras. After walking to the back of what must have been a 500-person line, decide we don't really need anything at Wal-Mart this badly and we can come back later. I yell at the people who are sketchily standing NEAR but not IN the line (because they look like they are going to cut in front of the people who clearly made an effort to be there hours early), completely embarrassing Megan and her mom.
5:00 am: Arrive at Target, realize they also have a long line and they don't open until 6, leave.
5:20 am: Stop by Dunkin Donuts for some chocolate milk and the worst breakfast sandwich ever.
5:30 am: Finally! We are actually in line at a store! This time Staples. Buy a GPS for my mom to give me for Christmas, a USB stick, and a memory card. Megan gets the last external hard drive.
6:30am-11:30am: Shop at Kohl's, stop at home to drop off large amount of loot. Shop at Target, Michaels, and Macy's (where I bought my mom- with her own money, of course- $80 pillows on a sale of only $30 per pillow- wtf?! They are pillows!!! Thankfully she did not want the $200 pillows- that would be way too elitist!).
11:30am: Enjoy a strawberry smoothie, artichoke dip and portobello mushroom sandwich at Cheesecake Factory.
12:30pm: While we usually stop after lunch, this year we go crazy and continue to shop at Wal-Mart and Best Buy.
2:30pm or so: Collapse from exhaustion at Megan's house. Watch TV and knit the entire evening. Go to bed at 10.
10:00am Saturday: I wake up (Megan got up at about 8) and we go back to Michael's because they have a different sale for Saturday. Later, take my mom there to drop off stuff for the 60% off custom framing sale. Yes, I am obsessed with Michaels.
Holy crap, I am the epitome of the American consumer. Just coming home with all my bags made me feel like a terrible person. But some of it was stuff I need (read: SOCKS). Also, I got a few presents and supplies for some handmade presents. Those made me feel like a somewhat better person. Hopefully I will complete the gifts in time.
The sad thing is, this trip just reminded me of other stuff I still want, like an external hard drive, SHOES (I have pretty much none for work but could not find any comfortable ones at Macy's), and, eventually, a new laptop. Sigh.
Saturday night Megan joined me in hanging out with another group of friends, which was unusual. The highlight of the night was a large tub of sangria. However, this post is so long that I must save that story for another time...
Overall, it was absolutely amazing to have 4 days off work in a row. It felt like winter break and it was kind of sad coming back to work today, but not as sad as I thought, so I guess I am getting adjusted. I think it's going to be really hard during the winter holiday season, though, since I'm used to having a whole month off. :( But anyway, it was really refreshing and every day I woke up thinking "It's still not Monday yet!!!"
On a random note, I can't stand when people call and ask why I just called them. Clearly, it's never me who just called, it's one of the other 35 people in the office, and no, I can't tell who it was, and no, I don't really want to give you a detailed description of our company. I assume you know someone here, or do business with us, or work in a related industry that might be interested in doing business with us, or maybe your husband is cheating on you and his lover accidentally called your cell phone thinking it was his house number and then hung up. Have a nice day.
Love the post, sigh, it was a good weekend.
ReplyDelete