Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Decking the Halls

OK, I'm actually starting to feel the holiday spirit for real! We are filling the lobby/front desk area with beautiful fresh greenery, so it smells like a pine forest in here, which I love, and which really puts me in a holiday mood. I can't wait to decorate my new room for Christmas, since I never decorated for Halloween this year (room was too messy and I lost track of time). I need to do a TON of work on presents though. Eeeek. I can't believe I only have a little over 2 weeks left to finish them!

I was too sick to go to work yesterday. I went to the doctor, was diagnosed with bronchitis and started a Z-pack. I am still coughing and blowing my nose like crazy and feeling kind of lousy but I have very little paid time off and am trying to save it up for the holidays. In order to get more hours, I might not take lunch the rest of this week. But coming to work today wasn't too bad- I got paid to go shopping!!! My boss and I went to Wal-Mart and bought a bunch of stuff for a local family we are sponsoring through the women's shelter. It was satisfying, and I only bought two things with my own money (Nyquil and a present for my mom's boyfriend- interestingly, I had to show ID to buy both, and no, I did not buy him porn). Yay me!

So that's what's going on in my life, except that I moved this weekend, and will dedicate an entire post to that, because pictures are a must! Stay tuned...
*

No comments:

Post a Comment