I have had my palm read several times and I have consistently been told that I will get married twice. Even though I don't subscribe to fortune telling or anything, it has always unsettled me a little because, as a child of divorced parents, I am more likely to get divorced than people whose parents are not divorced. And divorces are crappy (as is that horrible country song about them, "I'm going through the big D and I don't mean Dallas..."; how did that get on the radio?!) and I don't want to go through that. So, many years ago, I decided to trick my palm by getting married twice to the same person.
I know, this is kind of like Oedipus, except that I'm trying to fulfill my fate rather than avoid it... hmm... hope it doesn't go terribly awry.
Anyway, I always thought I'd do this by having a renewal of the vows ceremony or something similar. Well, today it struck me (perhaps it says something about me that it took years to think of this possibility) that I can just have two weddings!!! Here are some ideas:
- a legal wedding in a courthouse and then a public wedding at a nice reception site.
- a wedding for my family and a wedding for his family (in different geographic locations) so everyone can attend.
- a wedding in Vegas and then a "real" wedding.
Just think of the possibilities!!! I can't wait for my two weddings!
Remind me of something we have to watch together - it's the perfect solution!
ReplyDeleteAnd OMG I know that song, and you're right, it's horrible!
Also, love the new profile pic!
ReplyDelete