Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Fluffy Pink Neck Warmer

I have no idea why this post was saved but not posted. I wrote it in January. I'm putting it up now.


This was a Christmas present for my best friend Megan. Pink is her favorite color.

I used another skein of yarn from newtwistyarns' etsy shop. It was recycled and made up of red, white, and 2 different pinks. I knit that together with a ball of fluffy white yarn from the craft store, using garter stitch. I finished it off with white buttons sewn on with pink thread. I love the way it turned out- so soft! Megan, like me, cannot tolerate wool or other itchy fibers. This is definitely soft enough for her neck.


*see recipe box post also!*

P.S. A note about me... this was her present from, I think, 2005. (Could it be 2006? That would make me feel slightly less horrible...) I was making her a white scarf, but the yarn wasn't very soft and I was making very slow progress. It just did not seem special enough to give her. Then I saw this yarn and it was love at first sight! (I only believe in love at first sight when it comes to material objects. Shallow? Maybe.) Now she finally got the gift she has been waiting for!

4 comments:

  1. Okay, so I accidentally told a woman I work with that I made this, and then was too embarrassed to correct her assumption, and now she wants me to make her one! I know, I'm such a freak!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha!!! That's ok, I'll teach you!
    Making stuff for coworkers, fun (horrible fact, still have not finished Wanda's not one but TWO scarves!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from SITS to give some bloggy love! Happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Skye -- Thanks for stopping by my blog and you can absolutely join in on my Organizing Challenge. No kids required! ;0) The kickoff is this Friday!

    ReplyDelete