Friday, April 10, 2009

25 Things

I'm doing that "25 things about me" post. Here goes, in no particular order.


1. When I was little I wished that I had a twin sister. I thought about it all the time and fantasized about how awesome life would be with my twin. Now for the most part I am glad to be an only child.

2. I got my first and only tattoo on February 13, 2008. I thought about it for 2 years beforehand and I wish I had gotten it sooner.

3. My laptop's name is Vin. (He's getting a bit old and slow... I might need to replace him soon. Shh, don't tell him.)

4. I want to raise my children on a farm but I fear that I am too lazy to do so.

5. I do not like babies.

6. I have many fears that most people would consider irrational.

7. I do not want to have biological children. I think being pregnant and giving birth would be pretty much the worst things in the world to happen to me. I don't understand how anyone could want to go through that. (I want to adopt.)

8. I have a weird complex about being left alone and I don't know why.

9. My feet are my least favorite part of my body. I really hate them.

10. I have perfect eyesight.


11. I think college is overrated as career preparation but I think everyone should go to college and live on campus for at least one year for the life experience.


12. I think it is important for everyone to study abroad or, if not possible, at least spend some time in another country.


13. I wish people would not make fun of me for being a vegetarian, and instead would think more about their own food choices.


14. I can't decide whether I believe in ghosts.
15. I become creepily obsessed with things very quickly and even take on my friends' obsessions.
16. I was really smart as a child. I read a ton of books, was naturally curious about everything, and remembered things. I am sad that I am not that smart anymore, I don't read as much, and my memory has become terrible. I feel like a failure because my parents and family used to think of me as gifted but now I consider myself average.

17. When I was little I used to wish I lived during the time of the Civil War (but now realize that would be hellish).

18. I can't make myself throw up.

19. I am afraid to live alone even though I think it is important to do so before I get married.

20. I am really bad at understanding movies and TV shows (and sometimes real life) and it has made me suspect that I have a secret, undiagnosed learning disorder or mild retardation. No one agrees with me except my boyfriend.

21. I have not been to the gym since I graduated from college.

22. I do not understand taxes, or many other things that adults are supposed to understand. I'm not sure how I was supposed to learn these things or why I am so pathetically ignorant.

23. I wish I had taken a greater variety of courses in college. I think it would have given me a better understanding of the world and made me less ignorant.

24. I know prescriptive linguists are judgmental and unfair but bad grammar and incorrect spelling really bother me.

25. I want to travel to every continent, but I am not sure if I could handle Antarctica, so I would be happy with the other 6. (I have been to 3 continents so far.)


Hmm.... depression/self-esteem issues, anyone? (Is it just me or does my list come across that way? Oh well, I wrote this about 2 months ago and I don't feel like taking the time to come up with more things)

3 comments:

  1. I promise to never make fun of your vegetarianism as long as you promise to never make mention of my ridiculous and often glaringly awful food choices.

    (you know, for all the times that we've actually seen the other eat)

    (...which I think is 1/2 a time, because you didn't get anything that night)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I love your list! And it wasn't until your comment that I was like, well, maybe a little bit of a downer. Either way, our lives are gonna be awesome, so get excited about them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way about understanding movies! Especially sci-fi and fantasy movies. It makes me feel really dumb. I tell myself I just don't pay attention enough.

    ReplyDelete