Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Manly Scarf!





















Of course I made something for my new boyfriend Justin. He always compliments my crafts. Aren't the brown, blue and green colors manly? I got this yarn from newtwistyarns etsy shop, which has pretty, unique and affordable recycled yarns.


It was made from unraveled thrift store sweaters.
Justin LOVES ugly thrift store sweaters!

This was easy, I just used the stitch I described for the neck warmer (he saw me making the neck warmer and told me the stitch looked nicer than normal knitting). I used size 15 needles and went through the whole skein... I think it was about 120 yards. I would have liked it to be a bit longer, but it only got to 46 inches long before I ran out. He says it is long enough though.

I took 5 pictures of him wearing it... isn't he a great model? :)

1 comment:

  1. Aww, cute!

    I also love ugly thrift store sweaters and I like the idea of a scarf being made out of them!

    ReplyDelete