Monday, January 26, 2009

I need a new dentist.

Dear friends,

Let me take a moment to ask for some fairly trivial advice as I try to get my medical affairs in order.

I have just made a gynecologist appointment, which I am very proud of. This new doctor is both close to my office and well recommended by a friend. Perfect.

I have not been to the dentist in over a year and I now need to make a dental appointment. My dentist is in Gainesville and I have no desire to go all the way out there just to see my dentist, whom I have only seen twice and have absolutely no attachment to, so I am in the market for a new one. Now, here is my question. Which is more important, proximity or a good recommendation? Tigger (who has my same dental plan) has recommended his dentist; however, the office is in Fairfax. I know, this makes me seem very lazy, but I do not want to go into Fairfax for a dental appointment. Seriously, I have an hour for lunch, so I need to be able to drive there and back, plus have the exam, in about an hour, so it would be nice to have one in the Sterling/Herndon area. And dentists are everywhere. And they have all passed their dental exams, right? So they are all fine? I don't expect to need work (*knock on wood*) but I guess I am sort of wary about having a stranger about whom I know nothing enter my oral cavity. What do you think? Should I pick out a provider from my insurance website based on their address alone, or should I stick with Tigger's or another friend's dentist?
*

No comments:

Post a Comment