I haven't posted in a while so here are some pictures detailing what I have been up to!
I went to the annual Christmas party at the home of my high school friend Robbeth. During the white elephant gift exchange, I got travel Scattergories, which I am very happy with! For the first time ever, we took a picture of everyone there:

Christmas Day was nice.
I spent the day at my mom's house with my mom, her boyfriend, my aunt and my grandma. We ate dinner and opened presents.

Tigger and I went to DC to see the national Christmas tree with his friend from high school (who I kind of knew) and said friend's girlfriend. It was windy and therefore FREEZING but I haven't seen the tree in years so it was nice to go there... and we got some cute pictures :)

The day after Christmas, PJ and Hokie gave presents to the Hooligans, and we had a party. I gave them a frame with 8 pictures of them and all of us in it. They really liked it. They gave Tigger an awesome hat and a thong... both of which he tried on for everyone.
The party involved mistletoe, and therefore LeeLee running away from the enticing Robo.

I have no idea what I did that weekend except use my new French press a lot and make waffles on the wafflemaker Tigger bought Hokie and PJ. It's become an issue since they claim I am the only one who will use it and therefore it is not really a present for them at all. Either way, it makes tasty waffles... I got my recipe from Nienie!!!
Megan had a 1920s-themed New Years party.
We are Bonnie and Clyde. What? But Bonnie and Clyde did not meet until 1930, you say? Come on... we even had real guns!

EVERYONE dressed up this year!!! (That is including the few people who arrived with no costume and were forced to wear plastic beads and hats.) These are the men. I don't have one of the women; my camera ran out of batteries after this and I haven't taken the pictures from Tigger's camera yet.

Friday I got a lot accomplished. Tigger and I went to Tysons and watched Slumdog Millionnaire in the theater. It was awesome and not at all what I expected... I would describe it as an epic love story. I also got to exchange my things from Williams-Sonoma and ended up with biscuit cutters, a cookie press, and a pastry mat. Also exchanged something at Abercrombie (ugh), went to a used music and movie store, Trader Joe's, Target, and Bed Bath & Beyond. Then I watched Tropic Thunder chez Megan.
This weekend I finished 3 presents (for Tigger, Megan and my grandma) and I spent about 3 hours on my grandma's second gift, a memory book. I still have a lot to do on that one but it looks awesome so far. Now I just have to finish that, another gift for Megan (the one I finished is actually her Christmas present from 3 years ago!!), another gift for PJ, and 2 scarves for my boss that she asked me to make her... like... a really long time ago. On Sunday I went to my mom's and exchanged presents with my cousins and uncle, and gave my grandma the gift I had finished. Turns out my uncle is not bad on the guitar and my 3-year-old cousin loves to dance along. It was more fun than I expected.

Yesterday Tigger and I finally exchanged presents because I had finished his, and I refused to open the ones he gave me until his were all ready. You can read about that soon... because I am so materialistic I plan on writing an entire post about presents.
That is what I have been up to. I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season!
I will also post my New Years resolutions soon. Prepare to be shocked. (They are long.)
*
I am in none of these pictures...
ReplyDeleteWow, you're life sounds so full and exciting!
ReplyDeleteSorry RD, there were no good pictures of you! (Only ones where it was a bunch of people in the background including you, but no one was really looking.)
ReplyDeleteI know, I should do this all the time! Maybe this 365 thing will make me feel more excited about my life! :)
OMG, I love that David Sedaris story! I also love the fake review of the children's Christmas pageant.
ReplyDelete