Friday, January 23, 2009

Accounting for my whereabouts

I know, I missed my 2nd-ever Tuesday Tunes post and have been MIA. From Saturday through Tuesday, I was visiting New York with Megan and Lindsey. We stayed with my Bryn Mawr friend Allison.

Allison (formerly known as Mimi) is awesome for many reasons. She has just as obsessive a personality as I do. (Her nickname stemmed from our RENT addiction.) She is my only friend who enjoys horror movies. We both love dressing up and parties with themes. She likes doing stuff and can make me get out of bed to actually go have fun. She also gave me my first hickey. (Sometimes I refer to her as my college girlfriend and Megan as my home girlfriend; it really is like I am dating both of them.) Allison and I planned on moving to Philly together after graduation, but neither of us found a job there. I miss her!

Highlights:
seeing college friends
In the Heights on Broadway
Perfect Crime, off-Broadway show
watching the inauguration on Times Square
eating lunch with Lindsey's friend the fetish model and Steve from Blues Clues
Equus on Broadway (Daniel Radcliffe naked)
being reunited with Jazz

There was no sound for the inauguration. Thankfully we were standing next to a guy who was listening to the radio on his cell phone, which gave the sound an old school feeling. Times Square was nowhere near as crowded as I expected. It was cold. Seeing the mob of people in DC on TV made me glad that I had not ventured there to see the short ceremony, as I am sure I would not have seen much, and it would have taken hours to get there and back. I am sooo happy about President Obama though! It's hard to believe he has really taken office!

I got home at 4:45 am on Wednesday and went to work for the second half of the day. Jazz met Beer that night, which did not go too well, but we have hope that they will get used to each other. She has been sleeping with me in bed which is so cute!

Thursday at about 3am I woke up to horrible vomiting and diarrhea. The horrible part was that I had eaten very little on Wednesday, so there was no food to throw up; it went straight from clear liquid to thick yellow stuff and finally to greyish black liquid, which freaked me out so much that I got my mom to take me to the ER (this was after about 6 hours of vomiting). Apparently black vomit is caused by the irritated esophagus bleeding. How creepy is that?? No big deal though, they gave me some IV fluids, did a blood count and sent me home. I napped on my couch in my old room at my mom's house for 4 hours, then Tigger drove me back to my house, where we both fell asleep on my bed, then he went home and I went back to sleep with Jazz. I actually came to work today, though not on time, and I feel OK except that I am exhausted and weak. I have eaten ~10 saltines and am on my second cup of chamomile tea.

It is Hokie's birthday today... happy birthday!!!
*

2 comments:

  1. Did you really eat with Steve from Blues Clues??? Might be a dumb question. I don't know. I hope you feel better soon! Chamomile tea always makes me feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To answer Sharon's question, we really did eat with Steve from Blue's Clues.

    And sorry about your sick! Sounds dreadful! And I totally would've freaked out about the weird black vomit.

    ReplyDelete