- inhaler
- nebulizer and medicine in carrying case
- nebulizer mouthpiece, which doesn't fit in carrying case
- epipen
- small bottle of medicine including ibuprofen, anti-diarrhea medicine, sudafed, and benadryl
- packet of BC powder (for headaches; use caution in public: looks like cocaine)
- wallet
- chap stick (currently 2 flavors of burt's bees)
- cell phone in small cute bag
- tissues in cute tissue holder
- 1 shout wipe
- eyedrops
- small notebook
- pen
- approximately 2 pads and 2 tampons
- camera
- lotion
- birth control pack
- 2 gas-x strips
- small container of band-aids
- hydrocortisone cream
- hand sanitizer
- collapsible hairbrush
- nail clippers
You may think that seems like a lot of things to carry around at all times. Perhaps you think I am paranoid, thinking I need all those medical supplies. Dear friends, please don't worry. First of all, I think you are forgetting the Girl/Boy Scouts motto, "Be Prepared," advice I take quite seriously. Second of all, these are only the bare essentials; over the years, I've whittled down my purse's contents to these, the most necessary and oft-used items. True, I don't use them all every day, but they are all things that you don't think are important until you suddenly need them. For example, what if you get stung by a bee, causing an allergic reaction and subsequent rash and asthma attack, which causes you to fall and hurt your head and scrape your knee and break a nail and get your clothing and hair messy and get dirt in your eye? You'll need pretty much all of my purse's contents. And on that day you will thank me and my giant bag of items.
Well, I can only hope when I fall down that you will be beside me! Lol, I actually was out with my mom and Sharon this weekend and wanted pain medicine and was like, what? seriously you don't have it? If only Skye was here...
ReplyDeleteI actually aspire to have a more well-stocked purse, but I can't bring myself to get a bigger one.
ReplyDelete