Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Ox in the Bakery

I love sharing boring stories about work... hopefully someone other than Panties will find it amusing.

me: Good afternoon, H2O
caller: Hello, may I speak to Ox?
me: I'm sorry, who?
caller: Ox, someone Ox.
me: No... no one here is named that, sorry.
caller: But they told me to ask for Ox in the bakery. This is not the bakery?
me: No, this is H2O.
caller: Wait, what? I want to speak to Ox in the bakery... the bakery! I thought this was the bakery, they gave me this number for the bakery.
me: Are you trying to reach Costco? [a common mistake]
caller: Yes!!!
me: This is not Costco... this is H2O. You have the wrong number.
caller: This is what?
me: This is another business. You have the wrong number. Our numbers are very similar, but this is not Costco.
caller: I really need to speak to Ox in the bakery... *long pause* Hm... ok... *long pause* *hangs up*

-20 minutes later-

me: Good afternoon, H2O
same caller: Hello, could you get me the number for the bakery?
me: No... this is not Costco. We don't have a bakery.
caller: Well, they gave me this number for the bakery, and I called the number, and it's your number and I need to reach the bakery. Can you get me the number for the bakery?
me: No, I don't have it.
caller: Please, someone told me I really need to speak to Ox in the bakery, and they gave me this number!
me: It's the wrong number! I don't have the bakery number!
caller: Ok.... *hangs up*

1 comment: