Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Eating vegetarian at Red Robin

Justin forgot that we are making up our 2nd-Wednesday-of-the-month Red Robin date tonight. So now we are going at 9pm. Since I'm already hungry (don't worry, I just ate a yogurt w/grains in it-- it was on sale at Whole Foods-- weird!), I went to the RR website, and they have this Customizer thing: http://www.redrobin.com/home/customizer.aspx

I put in a Whiskey River BBQ Burger with a garden burger instead of beef, which is what I order almost every time. I am SO thankful that they have vegetarian options there because I love their smoothies and fries! (You can also add sides to the Customizer, but I wanted to compare the 2 burgers, so I did not add my sinful portion of fries.) Check it out:

Beef Whiskey River BBQ Burger:
1129 calories
69 grams of fat
4 grams fiber
49 grams protein
72 grams carbs
2152 milligrams sodium

Vegetarian Whiskey River BBQ Burger:
740 calories
29 grams of fat
12 grams fiber
34 grams protein
84 grams carbs
2250 milligrams sodium

OK- I know I'm adding sodium and carbs. But seriously-- compare the calories, fat, and fiber! And even protein- you only need 50 grams of protein a day! I also only eat half my burger and then save the other half for lunch the next day, so I'm feeling pretty good about myself (except for those fries). Have I convinced anyone to eat a veggie burger? :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow...I should eat veggie burgers more, clearly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you could start by making them taste good...

    :-p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey- have you ever tried one at RR? Don't judge without trying!

    ReplyDelete