I can pretty much blame my mom's influence for my gluttonous love of chocolate. Throughout my life, she has spoiled me with Godiva truffles for special occasions. Unfortunately, when I decided to become way more cautious about my nut allergy, I had to give up Godiva (and most other brands of) chocolate. (They are made on the same equipment that touches nuts. Very sad.) I assumed I would never again be able to enjoy a chocolate truffle.
Then something wonderful happened. I found out about an amazing company called Vermont Nut Free Chocolate, which makes chocolate that's safe for people with peanut and tree nut allergies. Yay!!! I tried their chocolate, and it was yummy. (Hint hint, good gift idea for me!) But for some reason, I have never tried their truffles. So it had still been years since I had eaten one and felt its luxurious, silky center melting away on my tongue.
Until last week.
I was perusing an article about holiday present ideas, since I'm having a (mostly) hand made holiday season this year. One of the ideas was homemade truffles! WHAT?! I thought truffles were delicately made from crazily expensive ingredients on a machine so intricate, I could never understand its inner workings. Or something like that.
It turns out truffles are really, really easy to make with equipment that normal people have in their kitchens! (Truffles, it turns out I did not have to neglect you for so many years. I am so sorry.)
I decided to make some for my boyfriend for our first anniversary.
Since I don't have time to upload all the photos right now, I am leaving you with a teaser.
Please come back for the recipe, complete with scrumptious pictures. Yes. I just wrote scrumptious.
I've been devoted to you longer than your boy, where are my truffles??
ReplyDeleteYou can home-make truffles! You have revolutionized my life! If you pic yours I'll pic mine- deal?
ReplyDeleteoh boy... you should work for their marketing team!! lol!!
ReplyDeleteget this... i don't like chocolate. :O
I will be back for the recipe I already have 2 truffle posts :)
ReplyDelete