Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Satisfying Weekend

A satisfying weekend involves a healthy amount of physical activity and the opportunity to appreciate nature.


You'll feel even better about yourself if you successfully hike a trail with huge warning signs!

Actual text of warnings (emphasis mine):

"Think Twice. The Billy Goat Trail is physically demanding. Many hikers have suffered injuries or become lost here. Strenuous terrain ahead!"

"Are You Prepared For Billy Goat Trail A?
1.7 miles of the one the most [I didn't say the text made sense, did I?] strenuous trails in the east. Each year helicopters and boats assist in dozens of rescues. For the full 3-mile loop, allow up to 4hours. Trail contains precipitous cliffs, rocky boulderfields scrambles, and slippery conditions even when dry. Both hands and feet required to climb and balance. Carry and drink lots of water. Wear sturdy hiking shoes with good soles. Stay on the blue blazed trail to protect rare plants and habitats."

A good weekend might also include a stop to see your next home with your soon-to-be roommate!


Spending time with your sweetie is always a good idea. (Watching the team with the worst record in baseball history is optional, but a great brag story for your future kids.)

Keep in mind that the Kiss Cam will be the most exciting part of the game.

A good way to end the weekend is to have a baking extravaganza. That way you can gorge yourself on Monday, mitigating the depressing effects of your return to work.

Make sure to include chocolate...

and some icing made with real fruit, so you can convince yourself there's something healthy about it.

Doing lots of activities makes the weekend seem longer.
Awesome.

(Can you guess which weekend this was? I'll give you a hint. It was not last weekend... or the weekend before that. In fact, it's entirely possible I wrote this entire post over two weeks ago, only to have it ruined by pasting from Microsoft Word. I just now got around to fixing it.)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that sounds like an amazing weekend! You sure know how to make a pregnant woman crave cupcakes late at night! (not that it takes much) I'm glad you had some fun and some memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cupcakes look incredible. I think I might have just drooled a little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was an amazing weekend - I'm so glad I'm back so we can have tons more this year!

    ReplyDelete