I have been ignoring the advocacy emails I get from Planned Parenthood, mostly because I am slightly confused about the license plate issue. In case you are not aware, Senator Cuccinelli proposed an amendment that would allow for license plates bearing the legend "Choose Life" to be sold in Virginia. Planned Parenthood claims that "the funds raised by the sale of the license plates would go to nongovernmental, non-profit organizations that masquerade as legitimate reproductive health centers." Well, I'm too lazy to read into this and see what exactly they are talking about, but I'm not too lazy to click on the link to see how my representative voted on the legislation that included this amendment.
OK, so I guess it's (unfortunately) common to not know who your local representatives are, because nobody makes a big deal out of them. However, I have seriously not heard a single one of the names on the list of yea and nay votes (link above). Did you know that someone in Virginia has a representative named "E.T." ??? (I kind of hope that's my district!)
Has ANYBODY heard of these people? Am I even more painfully ignorant than previously thought?
Hmmmm...I also have never heard of them. And I vote every single year!
ReplyDeleteNope, never heard of them either.
ReplyDeleteYou're better than me though, because I always ignore all the e-mails that Planned Parenthood sends me.