Wednesday, May 18, 2011

We're the Evens 'til We're Dead

We're the evens, we're the evens, we're the evens 'til we're dead
and we'd rather be the evens than the evil green and red.
-song of the even classes (light blue and dark blue)

Once again I forgot it was the anniversary of my graduation, and the thought struck me just this afternoon. Three years! I should have a successful job and be settled in a great city and be having the time of my life, right? I am getting old! I am going to our reunion in 2 years (we reune every 5 years. is reune a word? why not?) and everyone's gonna have great jobs and spouses and maybe even (holy crap) kids... what will I have?

Look how young I was!



OK, fine, I look exactly the same (except for my hair). And, you know, at least I am back in school working toward a less depressing career.

me and George on the last day of classes this semester. sorry, blogger only likes some vertical pictures, apparently.
So I'm going to try hard to close my eyes and go back to the nervous hopeful excitement of that day and let myself imagine a happy future.

Happy anniversary to me! I am proud of myself and my classmates from Bryn Mawr class of 2008!
 
ringing Taylor Bell to celebrate finishing my last undergrad assignment EVER! (WAY harder than it looks.)

p.s. May Day post coming up. for real. and I just might show you the video I took of us breaking the bonds of the patriarchy. get excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment