On Independence Day we paid tribute to those who keep our country safe by visiting the Findlay War Memorial.

The three panels are for Korea, Vietnam, and World Wars I and II. Each is engraved with the names of local veterans who were wounded or killed at war.
(I actually made that up since there is no guide, but I think that's what the names were.)
There was a cannon:
We think these are a mix of veterans in the area who died and people who donated money to build the memorial:
Check out the huge impressive mural along the side:
I love how the windows are incorporated into the painting!
Finally, here's me on the giant anchor.
I'm glad we were able to visit the memorial on our nation's birthday. It's important to think of those who suffered and died for our country...
where our freedom comes from.






Right on, and thanks for sharing. That mural is pretty interesting.
ReplyDeleteWhoa - coolest side of building painting - ever!
ReplyDeleteI'm surprised that you didn't sneak into that building. Having your picture taken while you smile and wave from inside a nuke is quite the photo-op.
ReplyDelete