Monday, June 6, 2011

May in Review

Because I sorta forgot to blog. As usual.

May means SUMMER to me. I've enjoyed 4 weeks of free evenings since school let out, and I'm already getting worried/sad about classes starting again in fall, even though I like them. I absolutely love the changing of seasons, and every time a new one rolls around it's like I'd forgotten how much I loved it. Hooray for summer!

Looking back, I did a lot of cool things in May. I went to May Day, got a pretty personalized Flip video camera, made my mom a cake and played board games with her on Mother's Day, saw Lindsey's favorite band (the Twilight Singers) with her and Anna, watched baby birds grow in a nest on our balcony, spent a day at the National Museum of Crime & Punishment with Justin, learned how to make schnecken, went to Meredith's graduation party, had a coffee date with classmate friends, started going to Bollywood dance classes with Anna, relearned how to sign a song from when Megan and I were in FAME (sign language choir), and started attending meetings of the Northern Virginia Ethical Society (and dragging my friends along).

Megan and I signed up for a local social softball league. (It hasn't actually started yet.)

This is the most attractive softball-related picture of us that will ever exist, because it is disgustingly hot outside.

I was allowed to change my earrings for the first time.

Yes, I still own a lava lamp.

 Jody and Mike visited for a weekend!


We walked around Old Town Alexandria, which was awesome because I never go there for some reason.


Lindsey, Megan and I went to a live taping of A Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor at Wolf Trap. We couldn't see the stage from our faraway lawn seats, but we had an awesome picnic.

I now appreciate Megan's ability to take good group self-portraits with her camera. It's harder than it looks.

I hung out with my grandma on Memorial Day. We finally exchanged Christmas presents (because I'm horrible and hadn't seen her in over 6 months, though she lives 20 miles away), and then we had dinner and adorable peach melba ice cream sundaes.

ridiculously simple recipe: vanilla ice cream, peaches, melba sauce, and optional whipped cream

Lastly, I've started a summer minibook and I'm actually scrapbooking as summer goes along! :)

I'm looking forward to a lot more of this in the next few months:

No comments:

Post a Comment