Today is the 2-year anniversary of my graduation from Bryn Mawr.
(I realized this after I got to work. Coincidentally, I'm wearing my lantern necklace and owl underwear. Awesome.)
This makes me so sad. Not only do I miss my friends and the entire experience of being at college, but I've done pretty much nothing with my life since then.
I went back to visit for May Day this year, and thankfully it was everything last year's disappointing May Day wasn't. I saw many friends and acquaintances, Justin got to see Bryn Mawr for the first time, and I had a great day in the sunshine. Plus it was Grand May Day and the theme was the Wild West!
This is the statue of Athena we make offerings to... to make up for something bad, to ask for good luck, and just for fun. (Not creepy at all, right?)
On our last night of college, Allison and I left Athena a very special offering of our panties.
I think we are in her good graces for life.
May Hole! (the opposite of May Pole)
This is when we get to chant
HEY HEY
HO HO
THE PATRIARCHY HAS GOT TO GO!
This year they did away with the toilet paper "chains", though, which was very disappointing.
This is me about to artfully throw flower petals. Do you have any idea how hard it is to get a picture of the petals actually in the air?
I lived there recently enough that it still feels like going home.
I am going to a grad school info session this week. Who knows, maybe I will get to be a student again. I know it will never be the same as my undergraduate experience, though. I am so thankful I had that.









Aw - this post made me sad. But also happy. But also sad.
ReplyDeleteAnd as I've said before, those pictures are awesome.
And I'd forgotten that's what you chant.
I don't think anyone really understands how great our college experience was. I always get condescending when talking to people who went other places when they are like- yeah, I loved my college too... and always respond with something like- uh, no... I *loved* my college. (to be fair though, we both have college related tattoos- I don't see them getting Hokie birds or Jumbo the Elephants tattood on their bodies). May Day was awesome, and I was so glad that we could all be there to celebrate! (and Athena totally loves us the most)
ReplyDeleteIt really looks like a fun filled time! But I always thought Athena loved me the most. :)
ReplyDeleteyou are so so pretty.
ReplyDeletei just visited my undergrad school too, and it was such a strange and good and sad experience.
ps, where can i get me some owl undies? hahaa :)