Before you question how healthy this is, allow me to point out 2 very important facts:
1. It contains fruit. Apples are a source of fiber and vitamin C. The apples are unpeeled, so they retain more nutrients.
2. My normal dessert portion is "stuff it in your mouth until you can no longer move."
Skye's Mini Apple Crisps
Filling:
4 apples (I used Fuji)
1/4 cup turbinado sugar (or you could use white)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
Topping:
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 cup (4 tbsp, or half a stick) butter
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Dice the apples, leaving the skin on. Mix filling ingredients and let sit. Mix dry topping ingredients in a separate bowl and cut in the butter. (I don't really understand cutting in butter, so I usually just smoosh it all together with my hands until it looks acceptable. Hand-smooshed food tastes better anyway. You should try Megan's guacamole!) Place muffin liners in muffin tin. Fill each liner all the way to the top with apple filling (you might have to press down to get it all to fit, but it will decrease in volume during baking) and then smoosh the topping on top. Bake for 25 minutes, or until tops are browned.
Optional: serve with vanilla frozen yogurt.
I think each one has around 120 calories.



Those were so delicious! Ugh, now I'm experiencing cravings - where are some more?
ReplyDeletethese look delish! i want to make them right now! :)
ReplyDelete