Monday, March 15, 2010

Henna

My hair was a success!

After 5.5 hours with goop on my head- and about half an hour of rinsing- I am (sort of) a redhead!

before & after:


SOOC & enhanced:

(I emailed that picture to my mom and she told me it didn't look very red and she would have to see it in person. What?!)

I am very happy with it! The color varies with lighting and I am still not sure what the final outcome will be. Apparently henna changes over the first week and it could even end up more red than now- cool! I think it is shinier than before, and it's natural enough that it's not a shocking change. Only one person at work today mentioned my hair without me bringing it up first!

My tattoos were, sadly, not a success. The henna crust came off because I wasn't careful enough, and then I had to rinse my hair in the shower, which further washed off the tattoos. Sigh. I will try again when it's sandal/swimsuit weather.

Only two people commented on my towel-head when I went out. Not bad.

Wanna dye your own hair with henna? Buy some here!

2 comments: