Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I Resolve...



 (me with new haircut- sadly, it's not always curly like this)

Last year, my resolutions were pretty vague. That's fine, and I did well at some of the things on that list and I am still working on incorporating them all into my life. But this year, I want a list of concrete goals I can look back on through the year and hopefully check off. So here is what I resolve to do in 2010.
  • Lose 20 pounds- hopefully a lot of this before Sharon's wedding (July 31).
  • Keep track of all my spending in a notebook, hopefully making me save a lot more money.
  • Pay off all my debt (except for student loans).
  • Read at least 25 books and keep track of them. (I know, 25 is pathetically low, but I had a hard time naming more than one book I finished in 2009, so it's still an improvement.)
  • Exercise in some way at least once a week.
  • Volunteer somewhere.
  • Blog at least once a week.
  • Make huge progress in deciding what to do with my life. This could take many forms, such as: decide if I am going back to school (where, when, how, or maybe just what to study); enroll in part-time classes in something I am interested in; sign up for a year of service; etc.
  • Visit my family in North Carolina at least once.
  • Visit Sharon while she is still in Ohio.
  • Dye my hair (with henna).

4 comments:

  1. Aw, I'm sure you'll accomplish all your dreams, and some you don't even know about yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your hair! it looks so pretty curly. and you do NOT look like you could affford 20 lbs! haha, send some of the loss my way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your hair is super duper cute! and let me know if you want more info about the year of service thing, or just want to hear more about my experience so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Skye. Nice set of goals. Some of mine are quite similar . . . guess I should get to writing them down!!

    ReplyDelete