I just have to write a blog entry before this historic moment slips away from us! I was going to write one Tuesday but I was busy VOTING... and then putting pictures of me voting on facebook... and then attending Megan's awesome election night party and coloring in my KidsPost election map! Yes, dear reader, 2 days ago, November 4, 2008, I voted in my very first presidential election!!! (I was, tragically, 4 days too young to vote in 2004.) Months of anticipation had made me incredibly anxious about the outcome of this election, and I could not have been happier when the results were finally announced. I am still somewhat in shock and awoke both yesterday morning and this morning thinking "OMG, I can't believe he really won!!!" I also got to attend the rally on Monday night in Manassas with 105,000 other people (!), which was super awesome even though I was approximately 1/2 mile away from Future President Obama and my pictures (also available on facebook) show my lovely view- I was like "Wow that faraway dude must really be him! Cool!" Thankfully the speakers were loud and the reverberations made his voice even more momentous sounding and I CRIED. Yep.
So now that he won I can proudly wear the t-shirt and display the car magnet that I am supposedly receiving in the mail soon for donating to the campaign. Haha. I guess I should have donated sooner, but oh well. Now I can taunt all the McCain supporters with my excessive Obama bling.
I guess I sound slightly obsessed with Obama, but I truly am proud to be an American at this time in our history (if I don't think about the incredibly sad and offensive gay marriage bans and foster/adoption ban that just passed...) and I am full of hope for our future. Anyway... I don't have time to edit this post as I am about to (hopefully) go out to my birthday dinner. Speaking of my birthday and the election, if anyone wants to give me a super awesome present (not quite as awesome as the present of President Obama, but still), you could give me a copy of the Washington Post (or I suppose another paper) from November 5, as I totally forgot to buy one and went on a fruitless journey at about 1am to see if there were still any for sale (obviously not, but I would hate myself if I hadn't tried). I really, really wanted one to keep. [EDIT: Mom saved me one!!! :D]
Also how cute is it that a puppy is going to be moving into the White House as well?!
Obama has a puppy? Oh wait, did I already know that? Was that in his speech? Vague memories are accosting me.
ReplyDeleteDude! Happy Birthday! I'll give you a better Happy Birthday next time I see you!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I don't know if you saw Barack's press conference yesterday, but I think someone asked him about the puppy and he said something like, "Well, we're looking into that...because it has to be hypoallergenic, but we also really want to adopt from a shelter, but shelters have a lot of mutts...like me, and they might not always be hypoallergenic." I'm paraphrasing, but it was a really cute response!
And to answer Megan's question, I think Barack said something that if he got elected, he would get his daughters a puppy when they moved into the White House!
ReplyDeleteYes, he mentioned it in his acceptance speech (which I watched w/you- lol!)... and yes, I totally saw that in the Post, and I laughed sooo hard! "Mutts like me" hahaha
ReplyDelete