Some of my coworkers get quite a kick out of hearing about my exciting non-work life. About an hour ago I was telling them that my ex took me shooting at the NRA range on Friday night. I'd been begging him since June to take me and he FINALLY did. We shot 5 of his 6 pistols (to be fair, 1 of them is a present for his dad, so really, he "only" owns 5 pistols, plus 4 rifles- it's an expensive hobby). It was fun even though I do not think I am any good. But one time while he was shooting and I was standing perhaps a bit too close, a hot casing flew out of the gun and landed on my NECK. OW. The next day I looked in the mirror and there was this tiny round red circle on my neck. Whatever, it's not really noticeable.
However.
I decided for some stupid reason to bring it up while I was telling my coworkers about the experience. I guess I wanted to share the perils of shooting or add a humorous detail. Well, the joke was on ME... because for the next 10 minutes or so I was mercilessly teased for lying about having a hickey.
"Hahaha, a bullet casing, that's so original!"
"Yeah right- that's a new one- clever!"
"I bet that's what the girls in West Virginia say!!"
and then every time someone new walked by, "Hey, did you know Skye has a mark on her neck from a 'bullet casing'? HAHAHA!"
I turned bright red and laughed uncontrollably while semi-trying to hide underneath the front desk. I can only hope they are only teasing me for the fun of it and they actually do believe me, because really, who brings up a far-fetched cover story out of the blue when no one would have noticed the supposed hickey anyway, as it's TINY (as previously mentioned- WAY smaller than a human mouth, guys!) and somewhat hidden under my necklace?!
No comments:
Post a Comment