Last week in North Carolina I got to meet my grandma's cat, Mittens (the Third).
Mittens (the First) lived with my grandma for many years and was also close to my grandpa until he passed away in 2001. Sadly, Mittens (the First) also passed away a few years ago.
The time came for my grandma to welcome a new cat into her life. She named her something else, but always found herself calling her Mittens anyway. She realized any cat she had would have to be called Mittens. Unfortunately, Mittens (the Second) lived long enough to get knocked up, but did not survive to birth her kittens. I never even got to meet her. One day she went outside and never came home. She was assumed murdered by a coyote. These sorts of tragic things happen in the country.
And so it was that Mittens (the Third) moved in. (In case you are worried about another coyote attack, please rest assured that Mittens (the Third) is not allowed outside.)
Mittens (the Third) does not have mittens at all. She never meows. She loves sitting in her window seat, being carried around in a yellow laundry basket, and sleeping in this tiny box.
I think it's safe to say that she already misses me.






I am SO obsessed with Mittens III - especially her box and laundry basket!!
ReplyDeletehow could a kitty who let you put her in a basket not miss you?
ReplyDeletewhy are cats so darn cute???